My name is Daniel Masterson. I am a 25 year old software developer from Manchester and currently living in Hull, UK. I have an first class MEng degree in Computer Science with Games Development from the University of Hull, and I’m currently working as a full stack developer while being a game developer on the side.
- C# (My primary language), alongside general .NET and .NET Core skills for a wide variety of projects.
- C, C++ and D knowledge, even going so far as to make a general purpose DirectX 11 game engine in C++.
- OpenGL 4+ and DierctX 11+, with interest in learning Vulkan.
- GLSL, HLSL and Cg for shaders, with interest in learning GPGPU techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of multiple web technologies, including ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core, Blazor, AngularJS and more.
- Game development experience in a variety of engines, including Unity, Unreal Engine 3 and 4, Source and custom engines.
I am currently the primary developer and co-owner of NovaDawn Studios. You can check that site to see what we’re currently working on.
I’ve also worked on a number of personal projects, including the late Fragment Engine (A bespoke C++ game engine). Hopefully I’ll post more about those here.
If you want to contact me, you can find me at these various sites:
I won’t be making my email available as I already struggle with spam and wouldn’t like to provide another in for the spam bots. If you want to contact me, please drop me a message using one of the above methods and I’ll be happy to provide my email.
Note: Any views expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my current employer, NovaDawn Studios or any other organization I am otherwise associated to.